Instructional Designer, Customer Org - Remote
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
After our exciting $5.6 Billion Series D Valuation, we are set to innovate and scale our Customer Organization in an effort to accelerate the Postman growth curve. In doing this, we are building out a world class onboarding and enablement function aimed at reducing the ramp-up time for newly hired Postmanauts and providing continued training and enablement for them to support our customers throughout every stage of the customer lifecycle. We are looking for an Instructional Designer to play a key role in Postman’s cross-functional Customer Organization which covers Sales, Customer Success, Solution Engineering and RevOps teams. The goal for our Enablement team is to expertly own initiatives that will help Postman sell and retain more as well as be more productive and reduce ramp time for new team members. Below are some areas we would like you to focus on, but we also expect you to drive an agenda that will achieve these goals.
This role reports to the Manager of Customer Teams Enablement.
What You’ll Get to Do Everyday
- Support the Enablement team’s learning solution needs by designing and deploying world class content for new hire onboarding and continuous training programs
- Ultimately be the leader that builds really awesome courses and curriculums for virtual trainings and workshops across the Customer Org including our monthly new hire bootcamps, QBRs, and kickoff events.
- Scope, design, and develop learning content within our Learning Management System (Lessonly) including assets and assessments for leader-led and self-paced, asynchronous learning.
- Create learning experiences that engage and excite Postman employees while aligning with business outcomes.
- Support and manage subject matter experts through the collaborative design process to ensure effective design, development, implementation, and feedback loop.
- Establish and improve team production processes and evaluation metrics, including the use of learning analytics and user feedback to recommend improvements for each design and delivery sprint.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for content delivery and assessment that scales with Postman’s unprecedented growth and global audience.
- Work with our Revenue Operations team to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to improve continuous training of Customer Success team members
- Leverage SaaS technology to build and maintain a customer-facing knowledge base that is easy to consume and easy to use (examples include Salesforce.com, Outreach.io, Gong.io, Guru CMS, and Lessonly LMS platforms)
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 3+ years of instructional design, remote learning, and project management experience in a fast-paced environment, high-growth, and high-output environment.
- 1+ year experience in learning and development within SaaS environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience designing innovative content on various tools (we use Lessonly LMS, Google Suite, Keynote, Gong.io, Guru CMS).
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners by managing input while driving the development timeline forward.
- Ability to translate feedback into improvements for both content and process
- Passion for the learner experience and open to feedback in order to continually improve the process, oneself, and our team.
- Comfort with ambiguity, technology, and welcome the challenge of working at a massively scaling organization like Postman.
- Experience with visual design and comfort translating source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging multimedia learning products.
- Experience with remote learning, gamification, digital assessments, and other interactive learning methodologies.
- Experience with B2B customer fundamentals
- Provide Portfolio as part of the application process.
This position is a fully remote position. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world.
Be a part of something big.