Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today, including 96% of the Fortune 500. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We are seeking a passionate and highly driven individual to join the Revenue Operations team at Postman. The Revenue Operations team is integral to the success of the Sales and Customer Success organizations by helping to drive revenue, renewals and the productivity of the sales and customer success teams. The Sr. Analyst, GTM Variable Compensation role reports into the Sr. Manager, Revenue Operations and will be responsible for managing the processes associated with our incentive compensation programs.
This is a full-time remote position based in North America.
- Prepare calculations of sales commissions and other variable pay across the GTM organization, including managing the plan design process, system implementation and administration
- Following the design of the plans, own the process to administer plans as well as the tools to calculate variable compensation and do so in an accurate, transparent and timely manner
- Analyze and model proposed sales compensation plan designs, quotas, and program changes, including providing ongoing analysis for equitable territory assignments
- Prepare, maintain and distribute plan documents for all incentive compensation plans in the GTM organization. The role will support current incentive compensation for teams across Sales, Sales Leadership, Business Development as well as future programs for Customer Success, Renewals and Solutions Engineering
- Document processes & procedures related to compensation and planning while continually evaluating and improving upon our GTM Compensation business practices with a desire to drive towards scalable and repeatable processes to ensure efficiency as well as data accuracy, and governance
- Research any compensation, quota or alignment questions for all members of field sales and address inquiries relating to any discrepancies
- Review, revise, and enforce GTM compensation terms, conditions, and policies
- Manage the design, administration, and ROI analysis of any temporary incentives (e.g. “SPIFFs”) to support short-term strategic priorities
- Coordinate with Finance the monthly payments of commissions/bonuses to employees in the GTM organization
- Support Finance with auditing the computation of sales attainment figures and incentive payouts
- Partner with People Ops to review and recommend the overall fixed and variable compensation strategy, pay curve and pay frequency and ensure that remuneration packages within the GTM organization are externally and internally competitive
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management, Finance, or Human Resources Management
- 7+ years of recent experience in GTM Compensation design planning, and Commissions within the SaaS, Computer Software or Technology industry
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with how software companies align incentives with the responsibilities of different Go-To-Market functions (e.g., Sales Reps, Solutions Engineering, Business Development, Renewals, etc)
- Deep subject matter expertise and business process knowledge across territory management, sales account coverage, sales crediting and compensation
- Existing systems knowledge of Salesforce and prior experience with incentive compensation management software (Xactly, Varicent, Callidus, or **Everstage**)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can build an exec ready storyboard/presentation and anticipate what questions will be asked
- Self-starter that seeks solutions without being told. Delivers high quality, accurate work on time
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?