Postman Community Code of Conduct
Let us begin this document with the most important point: the Postman community is an utterly inspirational group of people on many levels. Every day, we see countless instances of exemplary behavior from members; you are brilliant, kind, respectful, collaborative, and funny. You exhibit the finest that human beings have to offer. At the risk of stating the obvious, this is the type of conduct that we want and expect at all times, and we thank you for your efforts in this area.
That said, sometimes there are actions or behaviors that veer outside the guardrails. This document provides some specifics on those guardrails so that every member of the community knows exactly where Postman stands.
So, here we go:
Postman is committed to being inclusive, period. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion. Seriously, we mean everybody.
This Code of Conduct document outlines our expectations for anyone using any Postman online services and events, including but not limited to: Postman Galaxy, the Postman blog, the Postman API Network, and community.postman.com.
The following behaviors are expected and required of all community members:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable:
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Unwelcome sexual attention—this includes sexualized comments or jokes and unwelcome sexual advances
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, commentary, and language
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Damaging any Postman digital property
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any member of the community, regardless of status or position, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a member of the community engages in unacceptable behavior, Postman representatives may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including involvement of local law enforcement.
Keep It Tidy
When interacting with Postman community forums, make the effort to put things in the right place, so that everyone can spend more time discussing and less time cleaning up. For example:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts; every post has your profile information attached to it.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.
- Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use the Reply as a Linked Topic function.
Post Only Your Own Stuff
Never post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. Also, do not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images, or anything else), or for breaking any other law.
If you are subject to—or a witness to—unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns at any time about behaviors or activity within the Postman community, please notify a Postman representative as soon as possible or email email@example.com.
Terms of Service
We must protect ourselves—and, by extension, you and your data—against unfriendly folks. Please review our Terms of Service, which describes your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. The Terms of Service document is an End-User License Agreement between you and Postman, and it governs your use of all versions of Postman.
For the event-specific version of this document, see Postman Events: Code of Conduct.